I've always had a very different taste in music. Some thought it was cool, while others would look at me funny and say, "Why do you listen to that? That's White people music". Wait, What??? I didn't know music had a preference with skin color. Ridiculous sounding, isn't it?
Music brings out so many emotions, regardless of the genre. I'm also a lover of Rap, Hip Hop/R&B, but that does not mean its just for African American people. Just like Alternative and Rock & Roll doesn't mean it's just "White people" music. I'm a lover of any type of music that evokes an emotion in me. Sometimes it surprises me in what I begin to like in music, but I welcome it and enjoy it and I don't care who has an issue with it. :) Here's a list of 23 songs that aren't particularly "right" for me, yet I love them!
- Gary Clark Jr.- When My Train Pulls In
- John Newman- Running
- Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Red Hot Chili Peppers- Californication
- Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun
- Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody
- George Michael- Faith
- Aerosmith- Dream On
- Gayngs- The Gaudy Side of Town
- Korn- Freak on a Leash
- Madonna- Papa don't Preach (I love the early Madonna music)
- St. Vincent- Surgeon
- No Doubt- Ex Girlfriend
- No Doubt- Don't Speak
- Red Hot Chili Peppers- Otherside
- Damien Rice- Volcano
- Carrie Underwood- Before He Cheats
- Green Day- Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Alanis Morriesette- Oughta Know
- Hole- Celebrity Skin
- George Michael- Father Figure
- Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under the Bridge
- Sex Bomb-Omb - Threshold( Yes, I know its part of the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The world, but I love it! One of my favorite movies!)
Yes, clearly, I LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers :) And this list is just me thinking from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more! If you haven't heard of any songs from my list, take a listen! Or you can suggest music to me!
Ever have some one tell you what you like in music is weird? What is a song you love that may be different?
Until next time!
Photo via Unsplash.com